We can’t accommodate pups at the Center on a regular basis, but we promise we love those wagging tails and slobbery tongues! So we’ve carved out a weekend for fur + flowers. Grab your canine bestie and head our way for fun, fur-baby-friendly activities.
Saturday, September 15, and Sunday, September 16
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Humans: regular admission (members get in free)
Dogs: $5 per pup (members and non-members; part of each dog admission will go to a nonprofit organization advocating for animals)
- All day: Say “hello” to pet-friendly exhibitors for interesting info and samples: tips and tricks from K9 Kenny Dog Training, treats from Woof Gang Bakery, healthcare 411 from South Park Animal Hospital, lifesaving know-how from CPR for Pets and People, and a meet-and-greet with Lizzy’s Animal Hospice
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Pronouncing words aloud can be scary for new readers. Divine Canines Barking Book Buddies will help children pick up a book and read to a patient, furry friend to gain confidence.
- 11 a.m.: Dog CPR demonstration by CPR for Pets and People
- All day: Say “hello” to pet-friendly exhibitors: tips and tricks from K9 Kenny Dog Training; treats from Woof Gang Bakery; healthcare 411 from South Park Animal Hospital; meet-and-greets with Austin Pets Alive! and B.A.R.K. Rangers
- 10 a.m.: Dogs on the lawn (it’s yoga with your dog!); bring a mat or towel.
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Pronouncing words aloud can be scary for new readers. Divine Canines Barking Book Buddies will help children pick up a book and read to a patient furry friend to gain confidence.
No Bones About It: These are the rules!
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and remain on marked trails.
- We expect a lot of visitors. Please bring only well-behaved, socialized dogs.
- Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet. Retractable leashes are not permitted.
- Dogs are not allowed in Wildflower Café. Outdoor seating is available.
- Dogs may not enter any of the water features or ponds.
- Keep those paws and noses safe! Stay on the trail.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations and registration.
- Handlers must pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of waste.
- The Wildflower Center reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors.
- All dogs older than one year must be spayed or neutered. Please do not bring an animal that is in heat.
- The Wildflower Center is not responsible for any injury or illness.
- Each dog owner is responsible for their own dog. If your dog causes damage to any person or property, you are responsible.
- An adult (16 years old and up) must maintain control of each dog’s leash at all times — limited to two dogs per handler.
- Please ask before approaching or allowing your dog to approach an unfamiliar human or dog.
- Dogs are the only companion animals permitted for this event.
Thank you to our sponsor, Woof Gang Bakery!